How to remove ink on carpet
How to remove ink on your carpet. We guarantee it works.
Title: Carpet cleaning tips: How to remove ink on carpet.
Keywords: How to remove ink on carpet
Home Remedy: Cheap hairspray has been know to dissolve some types of ink stain.
Caption: Many of us had that frustrating experience of being unable to get that stain out of the carpet.
The key to ink removal in carpet: Apply Oranges '95, full-strength (undiluted) absolutely as soon as possible! Catch the stain before it has a chance to set, and O95 dissolves the ink like magic.
Ink stains are almost impossible to remove once they dry. But even if you can't get to it right away, don't despair! Keep the stain cool and moist by covering it with a damp cloth until you can apply the O95.
Do NOT steam clean! Heat will set the stain!
- Remove as much of the ink as possible by blotting with a clean white paper towel and scraping with a dull knife.
- Apply undiluted Oranges '95 to a clean white cloth, white paper towel, or cotton ball.
- Blot gently until either the spot is gone or no more ink transfers to the cloth.
- To reduce the risk of weakening the bond that attaches the fibers to the backing, do not allow the O95 to penetrate to the carpet backing.
- If you must rub, do so VERY gently, and only in one direction. Friction causes heat which will set the stain and make it darn near impossible to remove. Circular rubbing quickly destroys carpet texture.
- If the stain is still visible, moisten the pile with a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until the stain is gone or no more ink transfers to the cloth. No rinsing is necessary... sunlight converts dried hydrogen peroxide to water.
- Blot dry then place several clean white paper towels over the damp spot and weigh them down with a heavy object such as a brick. Any remaining stain will wick up through the fiber and be absorbed by the paper.
- After the carpet has dried, remove the weight and the towels and fluff the pile with a soft brush.
Remember... if Oranges '95 doesn't clean the stain to your complete satisfaction, we refund your money, no questions asked.
If you are still left with a stain, the best recourse is a professional bleach and re-dye job, where a contractor will bleach the stain out of your carpet, then dye the spot to match the rest of your carpet. Spendy, but it costs a lot less than a new carpet! Check your yellow pages for Professional Carpet Dyeing and Color Restoration services.
If you have carpet remnant that matches the stained area, a professional carpet repair firm may be able to replace the stained area with a matching piece of remnant. Do not attempt to do this yourself!
How to remove ink on carpet.
For more information, or to purchase, click here.
Touch of Oranges -
P.O. Box 2210 Cottonwood, CA 96022
Customer Service: 1-800-867-2643
- Email: info@TouchOfOranges.com
- Fax: 530-347-0348
Business Opportunities at Touch of Oranges:
We are looking for sales teams that want to earn money demonstrating products like Touch of Oranges wood cleaner & Touch of Beeswax wood preserver. For more information click here